Fujitsu Input Devices
Fujitsu Ltd. is one of the oldest companies specializing in information technologies; it is the third largest company in this sphere in the world by profit after IBM and Hewlett-Packard. No wonder that it has the infinity sign on the logo; it stands for the company’s infinite possibilities. In addition, red color symbolizes brightness and optimistic hopes for the future. Fujitsu’s headquarters are in Tokyo, Japan.
It started as the telecommunication company in 1936 when it was needed to restore communication lines after the destructive earthquake in Tokyo. Moreover, after World War II, it was Fujitsu that renewed demolished infrastructure of the country again.
Apart from telephony, the company workers were interested in creating electronic computing machine that could perform complex mathematical calculations fast. They managed to do it – in 1954, Fujitsu’s first computing machine was introduced (FACOM100). It was different from other ones with more reliable and stable functioning. Since then, Fujitsu has been the most important developer of innovative technologies in the world. Still, it represented its first personal computer in 1981.
Few people know that touchpad in modern laptops is also Fujitsu’s achievement. This company’s contribution to the development of science is priceless; its breakthrough research has been helping the Japanese airspace laboratory a lot during decades.
Fujitsu produces not only computer hardware; it also majors in computer services, software, audio and video equipment, and microelectronics. For example, NIFTY Corporation is its subsidiary, which is the largest Japanese Internet provider; Fujitsu General Ltd. produces household appliances and climate equipment.
Fujitsu Ltd. has been considering ecological risks while making its products. In 2003, it totally ceased toxic atmospheric emissions at the Japanese enterprises; also, it launched a program of decreasing the amount of carbon emissions in the atmosphere. Besides, Fujitsu PC is the only computer in the world that is equipped with the systems containing only 1 g of lead.