A multifunction device/peripheral (MFD) is a truly wondrous invention, widely used in home and corporate offices to fulfill a range of business tasks. In plain words, this is a machine that incorporates the facilities of a printer, a copier, a scanner, and faxing equipment, being housed into a single case. Moreover, some models allow for creating a centralized document distribution within one network, for sure not without the help of multifunction devices drivers.
The privileges of MFDs are frequently seen through the prism of such aspects, as:
Like any other peripheral connected to the PC (or other computer), MFD requires from the user to download drivers for multifunction devices in order to setup appropriate adjustments and optimize its efficiency. Furthermore, depending on the field of application and incorporated options, all multi-purpose units are divided into:
- better ergonomics. The possibility to save space on the desk and locate the machine in an inconspicuous place in office environment;
- better management. It’s always feasible to complete several processes at once for just a few minutes or even seconds;
- better efficiency. Productivity of such devices does not cast doubts in terms of output speed and quality.
» Multifunction Devices: Full list of devices
- AIO small-sized desktop models. They are basically designed for home use and focus their operation on scanning and printing processes. Still, some of them have bundled software that helps in organizing photos, print data from smart-card readers and images from digital cameras.
- Office machines. These models usually feature mid-sized dimensions and are at ease in office environment. Office units include all existing range of options: printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Besides, oftentimes they have networked document storage that is available for every user of that particular network.
- SOHO MFDs. Those are large-scale, freestanding units designed for corporate use. In contrast to traditional office units, these models include only basic options, and might not offer additional storages or authentication functions. Yet, their proper operation relies on updated drivers for multifunction devices.
- Production printing units. These peripherals are focused not on functionality but on high-quality, speedy output. Therefore, their main target is book creation, production printing, and reprographic processes.
List of Manufacturers
The Sciologness.com™ agent utility uses data collection technology to conveniently update multiple PC drivers. Drivers are the property and the responsibility of their respective manufacturers, and may also be available for free directly from manufacturers' websites. Sciologness.com is not responsible in any way for the performance of or issues caused by any third-party drivers.Drivers may also be available for free directly from manufacturers' websites. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Any other third-party products, brands or trademarks listed above are the sole property of their respective owner. No affiliation or endorsement is intended or implied.