Sony Input Devices
Sony Group is a multinational business conglomerate headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Being one of the most recognizable brands on the globe, this corporation tries to satisfy the needs of practically any industry of human expertize.
The current motto ‘Be Moved’ directly reflects its corporate values and future outlook, closely tied with the thirst for innovation. Hence, the company’s prime focus has been put on consumer electronics, home entertainment solutions, gaming, semiconductor, and financial services.
The Group is primarily known due to its award-winning subsidiary – Sony Corporation. Its key specialization lies in the research, design, development, and marketing of electronic goods, production of music and motion pictures. In its turn, this Corporation divides all operations into five large departments: Computer Entertainment, Music Entertainment, Pictures Entertainment, Mobile Communications, and Financial.
Here’s a short overview of its versatile business directions.
- Sony Computer Entertainment is initially known for the creation of a masterpiece PlayStation gaming console. Originally, this department agreed to develop an add-on for Nintendo’s consoles. Although, licensing issues made Nintendo cast this add-on off. That is how gaming market got the best-selling gaming console ever – the PlayStation.
- Mobile Communications department focuses its attention on the design of mobile phones. Formerly it was well-known for Sony Ericsson line of devices.
- Computing office gains ground on the manufacture of PCs and AIO solutions under VAIO brand. In addition, it takes some significant market share in tablet and smartphone segment (on Android platform). The most vivid product lines are Sony Tablet and Sony Xperia.
- Semiconductor division specializes in the elaboration of multiple electronic components and semiconductors, broadly used in digital devices, tablets and smartphones (i.e. image sensors, laser diodes, OLED panels, system/mixed-signal LSIs).
- Photography office launches a wide range of digital cameras under Cyber-shot and Alpha brands.
- Hardware division takes pride in the design of Blu-ray Disc and players, disk storages, flash memory, and other computer parts.
- Music Entertainment agency (aka Sony Music) is nowadays the second-largest music recording company, owning full or partial rights to the music catalogues of artists with global fame, i.e. The Beatles, Michael Jackson.
The Sciologness.com™ agent utility uses data collection technology to conveniently update multiple PC drivers. Drivers are the property and the responsibility of their respective manufacturers, and may also be available for free directly from manufacturers' websites. Sciologness.com is not responsible in any way for the performance of or issues caused by any third-party drivers.Drivers may also be available for free directly from manufacturers' websites. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Any other third-party products, brands or trademarks listed above are the sole property of their respective owner. No affiliation or endorsement is intended or implied.