Samsung Laptops & Desktops
Samsung Group has been trying to be ahead of the curve throughout its bright evolution from a small trading company to a multinational business conglomerate. Its ambitious advertising campaign made the brand highly recognizable in any corner of the world and propelled its home country, South Korea, to the next level.
Today the Group counts more than 80 companies which specialize in multiple spheres of human enterprise: shipbuilding, financial and medical services, construction, technology, etc. However, it was not until 1960s that Samsung entered consumer electronics segment, which became its major pride and revenue generator. Currently, its flagship subsidiary Samsung Electronics takes the leading positions in mobile phone and semiconductor industries as well as in home appliances business.
Despite huge framework of reference, the Group tries to comply with the highest standards in innovation, technologies, customer service, and environmental issues. Its violent development can’t but astound everyone and everywhere. Here are only a few facts that demonstrate Samsung’s grandeur:
- the conglomerate is one of the major driving forces for the development of South Korean economy, media and culture, producing a fifth of the country’s total exports and accounting for 17% of its GDP;
- in 2013 Samsung Electronics spent some estimated $14 billion on a global advertising campaign, excelling Apple and General Motors in their campaigns. Upon the whole, the Group became the biggest advertiser in 2012;
- Electronics department employs 370.000 people around the world, as compared to Apple with 80.000 or Microsoft with 97.106 members;
- in 2010 this subsidiary introduced the first ever Full HD 3D LED TV and 3D Home Theater;
- a range of products shipped by the company includes computers, monitors, printers, telecommunications networking solutions, AMOLEDs, digital TVs, kitchen machines, and many others. Still, it greatly succeeded in cell phone and smartphone industries, becoming the largest smartphone maker in 2011 and the largest cell phone maker in 2012.
- Samsung Electronics has been maintaining leadership in TV manufacture business for 6 years on end;
- the Group has been an official Olympics partner since 1998. It also sponsors some German and English football teams.