The world’s #1 PC vendor and #3 smartphone designer in 2013, the company that has gained a never-to-be-forgotten fame for a relatively short period of time, specializing practically in all fields of computing expertize. Have you already guessed who it might be? It’s all about Lenovo!
Indeed, founded in 1984 in Beijing, China, Lenovo Group Ltd. (initially entitled ‘Legend’) has demonstrated a violent thirst for innovation and advancement, accompanied with the desire to make the lives of average people easier with smart technologies. During a thirty-years-old history, the company has been tirelessly striving to make computing world better by excelling mighty competitors through a fair play.
Hence, what are the results of a continuous sweat-work?
By 2014, Lenovo has succeeded in a variety of markets, including PCs, tablets, servers, workstations, storage devices, smartphones, as well as in software development for business and consumer audiences. All products are nowadays selling in more than 160 countries, with operations in more than 60 countries. Moreover, the developer was an official sponsor for the Olympic Games in 2008 (Beijing) and for the Olympics in 2006 (Turin).
Currently, the award-winning manufacturer boasts the following production lines:
- ThinkCenter. This is a line of desktop computers for business purposes. PCs accommodate high-end processors and allow for the creation of various graphics configurations with multiple monitors;
- ThinkPad. Those are business-oriented laptop PCs, distinguished by a unique certification to be used on the ISS (International Space Station).
- ThinkServer. These servers with a single and dual socket are mainly targeting small business needs.
- ThinkStation. These are workstations developed for high-end computing purposes.
- ThinkVision. This line includes PC displays/monitors for various customer groups, including field-specific and professional models with the highest resolutions possible.
- IdeaCenter. It entails all-in-one solutions with advanced technologies, such as Veriface – facial recognition.
- IdeaPad. These are consumer-oriented laptops with a variety of useful options.
- Tablets of an unprecedented design.
- Smartphones. Almost all LePhones are based on Android platform, though WP 8 items are in prospect for release.
- Smart Television. LeTVs feature the fastest CPUs ever invented for broadcasting purposes.